At Pomeroy Living, the care and health of our team members and those we serve, in our buildings, is our highest priority.
We understand you may have questions regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the prevention and preparedness steps that we have implemented over the past year.
Q: How is Pomeroy Living dealing with the Coronavirus/COVID-19?
A. Pomeroy Living has a long-standing history of caring for seniors and managing health concerns. We are actively following our established protocols for infection control in our senior living communities, continually training on these protocols, regularly reviewing the CDC and MDHHS guidelines, staying nimble to adjust as needed should new prevention and containment measures be identified.
- We continue to follow the guidelines specific to COVID-19 from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations.
- We have heightened our cleaning and disinfecting protocols and we are using Glo-Germ products to ensure and validate our teams disinfecting and hand washing skills. We have posted signs throughout our communities on infection control practices and guidelines for staff and visitors to follow.
- All staff and visitors are screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entering any of our communities.
- We are continuing to test staff members in accordance with CMS and MDHHS guidelines. We also offer COVID-19 testing to visitors.
- All communities have held several COVID-19 vaccination clinics; the COVID-19 vaccine was offered to all staff, residents and other community members.
- We have a dedicated COVID-19 unit, which is our Bradford Medical Resort on our Rochester Campus, for any resident that may test positive.
Q: How can I visit my loved one?
A. For the safety of our residents, Pomeroy Living is following CDC and MDHHS guidelines closely regarding visitation in senior living communities. Each community is different depending upon the level of care that they provide. Indoor, outdoor and virtual visits are available. There are frequent updates, so please contact each individual community to inquire about scheduling a visit with your loved one.
Q: How will I know if there is an occurrence of COVID-19 in a Pomeroy Living community?
A. We are committed to communicating any incidence of the virus in our communities. Staff, residents and their families are promptly notified of any new cases of COVID-19 within the community. We also post notices at the community entrance if there are any COVID-19 positive cases amongst residents or staff.
As a health care agency, Pomeroy Living will continue to follow the guidance of Federal, State and local health authorities.
We encourage you to refer to these trusted resources for the most recent official updates on COVID-19: